DKidSRT10

Crazy Canadian

• VIP
  • 598 posts
    • :
  • LocationWinfield, BC, Canada
  • World Server:US

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:33 AM

Hello peoples! I present my opinion on the top ten North American super-cars ever produced
And now, In no particular order, the list

1. The Rossion Q1 is a new car to the fine continent of North America, but looks to be a solid contender against the current kings.
Posted Image

2. Next is the extremely quick Saleen S7. You have probably heard of it since its been around since 2000 and ceased production in 2004
Posted Image

3. This is one of my favorites, a Canadian made super car (Im Canadian so its awesome), the HHT Pléthmore
Posted Image

4. Now my all-time favorite, da da da daaa, The Dodge Viper
If you haven't heard of it you've been living under a supercar-proof rock.
Posted Image

5. I dont like this car. Its the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. It performs nicely but I dont like it. But it does deserve to be on this this list.
Posted Image

6. On a better note, the next car is one of my favs, the Ford GT! Shes quite the looker, but Im just sayin it cant compete with the Viper. You know, just puttin that out there
[img]http://www.gornoford.com/assets/_i/FordRacing/gt/06ford-gt-01.jpg/img]

7. Heres another Ford for you, the Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake, thats a mouthful and heres the car
[img]http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/throttle/story_large/2009/07/06/2010_shelby_ford_mustang_gt500_super_snake.jpg[/img]

8. Now I really wanted to include this car, but with 425 horse power stock, I didn't know if it would fit. This is the SMS Challenger by Saleen and it produced 800 horses. Bam. (go dodge)
[img width=800 height=531]http://morganzilla.com/wp-content/uploads/pics/SMS-570X-Challenger.jpg[/img]

9. Yep its the fastest in the world. Yep it looks amazing. Yep its American. Nope it wont save you money on gas.
The SCC (Shelby Super Cars) Ultimate Aero
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/500870756_72acafcf8c.jpg[/img]

10. Did I meantion Dodge Viper :D :P

#2 Fasckira

Fasckira

Code 6 Driver

• The Infamous One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
    • :
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK
  • Autolog:Fasckira
  • Origin:Fasckira
  • Steam:withoutlife
  • Xbox Live:Fasckira
  • World Server:European

Stickers image

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

I like how the HHT Pléthmore snuck its way in the Top 10 American Supercars! :P

I think out of that list if I could choose any car it would be the Dodge to be honest. When you say Top 10 though, whats the basis for this? Raw BHP figures?

#3 Kaizeras

Kaizeras

Human Traffic Magnet

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
    • :
  • LocationYambol,Bulgaria
  • Origin:Kaizeras
  • World Handle:Kaizeras
  • World Server:European

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

To be honest, my favorite american car is Dodge Viper too. You know, I tend to be an aggressive driver..and this car fits me very well. Though I like tuners, because I want to be flexible and precise when I hit someone in order to slow him down. But sometimes hitting all the cars like a psycho is way more fun!

#4 italy.1677

italy.1677
  • Crew:TRD

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

i don't like many American cars even though I am American. Please don't kill me  :P

#5 Silenus

Silenus

Jabberwocky Racer

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
    • :
  • World Server:n/a

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

The Ford GT was a worthwhile competitor against the Viper during the time that the GT was being produced.  If it was stilll being produced then I imagine it'd still be giving the Viper a run for it's money.

The fact that NFS repeatedly underestimates the ability of this car is disappointing.  In Shift you can get better performance out of the Shelby GT500's engine despite the fact that it's the exact same thing as the Ford GT.  Also not accounted for is Superformance's numerous variations of the car.  Including the Ford GT40 MkIII which is lighter than the original, and uses a higher performance engine.

Let's not forget that the GT is 45 years old and still used in racing.  (The guys who ran it as a GT3 last year in the LeMans series plan on introducing a GT1 variant soon.)  The fact that it's still used says alot for the design.

#6 DKidSRT10

DKidSRT10

Crazy Canadian

• VIP
  • 598 posts
    • :
  • LocationWinfield, BC, Canada

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

I like how the HHT Pléthmore snuck its way in the Top 10 American Supercars! :P

I think out of that list if I could choose any car it would be the Dodge to be honest. When you say Top 10 though, whats the basis for this? Raw BHP figures?

In the description it says North American and its based on... my opinions which are horsepower, weight, handling and looking cool :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users