83 replies to this topic

#21 B♥M

B♥M
  • LocationSummer Paradise
  • Autolog:Bred182
  • World Server:US

Stickers image

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

Good idea :) They can cut off that road and add San Juan between ;)

San Juan is a City in the Canyons, it wouldn't make sense placing it between Greenly Mountains...or instead of a big mountain lol
If I'm right it's in the East Canyon on the Carbon Map, even if it's actually placed somewhere in the far north-west if you use the "Out of Level Glitch"

#22 gRiM

gRiM

CrAzY RoMaNiAn

• VIP
  • 7,350 posts
    • Time Online: 46d 2h 22m 59s
  • LocationFort Union, City Core, Bayview
  • Autolog:gRiMBMW
  • Origin:gRiMBMW
  • Steam:gRiMBMW
  • Xbox Live:Nah
  • PSN:Wish I had one
  • Crew:(SF) StrongForce Racers
  • World Handle:gRiMBMW

Stickers image

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

San Juan is a City in the Canyons, it wouldn't make sense placing it between Greenly Mountains...or instead of a big mountain lol
If I'm right it's in the East Canyon on the Carbon Map, even if it's actually placed somewhere in the far north-west if you use the "Out of Level Glitch"

Trust me Bred I really know lol but I doubt the devs are thinking of any sense for a second :D

Posted Image

If you dare to click my sig, pick Bayview Nights or Weaponized Auto Racing. Or both.

I am the top user of riced and fake racecars in all of the racing RPGs on WG, and I'm the #1 NFS vehicle plagiarist. You are nothing to me but just another little gorilla

Part of life is learning from your mistakes, once you do that things will get better. I've been down this sort of road before with different people, the journey is never good but the reward at the end is worth it.

#23 Kupsacker

Kupsacker

Mechanic

• VIP
  • 209 posts
    • :
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Well, maybe, it doesn't seem like it's deep in the canyons really, but it is definitely separated from the main palmont area.
Posted Image

#24 rcgldr

rcgldr

One of the Elite

• VIP
  • 969 posts
    • Time Online: 16h 25m 36s
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

I'm not sure where San Juan is supposed to be located in NFS Carbon. In career mode, you start out on Lookout Point, then in the next scene you're at some unknown location (I could never find a similar location on the main map or in San Juan) choosing a car. Nikki turns left into that unknow location, which has an entrance to an underground lot on Nikki's left, then Nikki uturns to the right and in front of Nikki are Neville and the three starter cars which you choose one to start with. When you choose a car, you can do a test race at San Juan's pursuit knockout track. Next is a wingman lesson on San Juan's Salazar Street track. After that, Neville and you are on Hwy 142, on the bridge west of Silverton.

If you're in San Juan the only visible detail is to the west, some search lights in the sky behind some mountains. If you're out of bounds, San Juan is "hiding" behind the cityscape that you can see west of Fortuna. Note there's a much better version of that same cityscape at the end of Lookout Point canyon (description and video link below).

The orientation of the canyons don't seem to correspond to the scenery you see. Eternity pass's cityscape textures are from the main map area of Carbon. At the end of Lookout Point facing north, you see the same textures that you see facing west of Fortuna, but with more stuff around. If this "full set" of textures were placed west of Fortuna, it would make sense if that cityscape is supposed to be San Juan. San Juan would be to the west of Fortuna, and there are unknown cities to the south west and north east. Note, the moon is to the south west. To the north of "San Juan" are what appear to be lights from other canyon roads. I went out of bounds in Carbon to make a 360 view video of these textures:

Edited by rcgldr, 17 March 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#25 Trimmbor

Trimmbor

Speed Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
    • :
  • LocationBacka Topola; Serbia
  • World Server:European

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

Has anyone else realized that Sal has somekind of San Juan gang vinyls on his car? And that there's a race called "Salazar Street"? Just saying. :D

Posted Image

#26 gRiM

gRiM

CrAzY RoMaNiAn

• VIP
  • 7,350 posts

Stickers image

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

Has anyone else realized that Sal has somekind of San Juan gang vinyls on his car? And that there's a race called "Salazar Street"? Just saying. :D

Sal and "Salazar Street" lol good observation o.O

Posted Image

If you dare to click my sig, pick Bayview Nights or Weaponized Auto Racing. Or both.

I am the top user of riced and fake racecars in all of the racing RPGs on WG, and I'm the #1 NFS vehicle plagiarist. You are nothing to me but just another little gorilla

Part of life is learning from your mistakes, once you do that things will get better. I've been down this sort of road before with different people, the journey is never good but the reward at the end is worth it.

#27 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
    • Time Online: 4m 38s
  • LocationHungary/Gödöllő
  • Steam:stormtehfront

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hey guys, i've got something special for you. (not a bumb lol)
I DO know where San Juan actually is, and trust me, it's NOT in the canyons.
There are lots of unknown cities can be seen from canyons, and that one you mentioned, that big one, is the city from NFS Carbon Demo (aka. BETA). NFS Carbon demo actually plays in San Juan, but it's planned to be the beta map. But it got scrapped.

I've got some proof links:

My video about these kinda stuff (im not adversting lol):

Someone's video about NFS Carbon Demo:

And Wikia about the Mystery City (with NFS WORLD TOO):
http://nfsworldinfo....ki/Mystery_City

I would like to bring this post back to live. I feel like the only person doing research about these mysterious places. Also, i know where Bayview is. Its located EAST of Rockport. The place seems to be more like a bay (seen from turnpike), and Bayview is there. Want to know why? When you drive to the SOUTH at the WEST side of Jackson Mountains, you can see a ghost city (seems like rockport, city core for me), and another mountain behind it (maybe east canyon?)

I would like to hear what you guys think about my toughts ;)

-Assain

#28 UNIQUE

UNIQUE

Godlike

• The Watcher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,408 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 22m 11s
  • Crew:StrongForce Racers
  • World Handle:WGUNIQUE
  • World Server:n/a

Stickers image

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

cool thx for sharing.

This cleared up some things. That was keeping me from knowing all these cities

#29 gRiM

gRiM

CrAzY RoMaNiAn

• VIP
  • 7,350 posts

Stickers image

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

IDK, the talk about cities thing in NFS games are all speculations at the end of the day, but I'm just happy to see this thread back to life, because reading speculations about them has to be one of my favorite activites :D

Posted Image

#30 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'm looking fer other stuff seen from canyons and ingame videos, it seems like San Juan is planned to be the mystery city, but now it's far far away from Palmont City :/

#31 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

HEY GUUYS! Greit news!
So today, i've decided to make a GEOGRAPHICAL map of the surrounding area. With lots of TEXT.

LINK FOR FULL SIZE IMAGE:
http://i.imgur.com/hv3av.jpg

Posted Image

#32 Samantha♥

Samantha♥

The Candy Girl

• VIP
  • 4,831 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 24m 16s
  • LocationMéxico
  • Autolog:Samanth406
  • Origin:Samanth406
  • Crew:Racing Girls League

Stickers image

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

About your ponit #16: Bayview airport? thats not really an explanation, because Rockport has an airport too, and why Bayview is so small? :P

Hi! I am Sam, how are you? visit my channel on Youtube!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Samanth406 It´s FREE

Posted Image

#33 UNIQUE

UNIQUE

Godlike

• The Watcher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,408 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 22m 11s
  • Crew:StrongForce Racers
  • World Handle:WGUNIQUE
  • World Server:n/a

Stickers image

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

About your ponit #16: Bayview airport? thats not really an explanation, because Rockport has an airport too, and why Bayview is so small? :P

The airports will be used for a teleport between bayview and world map. It's been said.

#34 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

@Samantha<3
Well, I've made some explanations, as proofs how i've found out how the place actually looks like. And I tought there's no airport in Rockport. Still, the planes fly OVER Rockport, and they seem getting ready for landing.

#35 rcgldr

rcgldr

One of the Elite

• VIP
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

I tought there's no airport in Rockport.

It's there in Most Wanted, as textures just west of the double loops in downtown Rockport.

Posted Image

Video showing actual locations of San Juan and Canyons on Carbon map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6AhfObGlc&hd=1

Video showing driving out of bounds to the actual locations of San Juan and Canyons. As you can see each canyon has it's own duplicate set of cityscapes. Lookout Point has a duplicate of what you see west of Fortuna. Gold Valley Run has a view of Kempton (the three big cranes) from the south.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Vp-AOiytU&hd=1

Edited by rcgldr, 15 March 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#36 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Well now i know that theres an airport in rockport. And i know how to get to the canyons in free road. Now i know where are they. Cool, i'll do some research in the unfinished canyon see if theres anything interesting there.

#37 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey guys i've found something:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo2dMVpswJE

I was too lazy to upload a video by myself, but here it is. The unfinished canyon. Look unusual doesn't it? Let me explain it:
This canyon is more like a top of a hill or something, more flat than usual.

Posted Image

You can mostly see what I'm talking about at 1:10.
Maybe this map was scrapped when the game was in beta.Some of the canyons were made BEFORE, Mystery city got scrapped. They simply changed the surrounding area's layout (every course has its own). Lookout point was the LAST canyon they made according on the design.

EDIT: ANOTHER EPIC FIND!!!

Take a look at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3lm4GnvZDw

When you see the pictures about San Juan / Mystery City. They are completely unknown to me! Never seen footage?
Also see the hills in the background! NO DESERT!

Edited by AssainGuy, 15 March 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#38 rcgldr

rcgldr

One of the Elite

• VIP
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

When you see the pictures about San Juan / Mystery City.

The picture behind Neil at 0:16 and 0:32 into the video is SIlverton, with the StarView tower and hotel in the back, and the fountain and columns wtih fire on top to the left. They're there in the released version of Carbon and also NFS World.

#39 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

@ rcgldr
yes the picture behind him is silverton i know that. i didnt mean the part when hes talking. i meant the part when they show a part of the map in the editor. wel i aint remember that corner

#40 rcgldr

rcgldr

One of the Elite

• VIP
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

i didnt mean the part when hes talking. i meant the part when they show a part of the map in the editor.

At around 0:40 into the video. I think this is the location of that spot, the street layout and palm trees are the same, but the buildings look a bit different,

Posted Image

Edited by rcgldr, 16 March 2012 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users