• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
    • Time Online: 4m 38s
  • LocationHungary/Gödöllő
  • Steam:stormtehfront
  • World Server:European

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

ALL San Juan scenes in the video. Except the picture behind the guy, everything was focused on San Juan.

0:08 - 0:16
0:22 - 0:31
0:38 - 0:43
0:46 - 0:48

#42 rcgldr

rcgldr

One of the Elite

• VIP
  • 969 posts
    • Time Online: 16h 29m 27s
  • LocationCalifornia
  • World Server:US

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

ALL San Juan scenes in the video. Except the picture behind the guy, everything was focused on San Juan.

It seems that most, if not all, of the roads you see in that video ended up in Carbon's version of San Juan, but the scenery (landscapes) is different between the video and Carbon (at least the PC vesion, I don't know if the console version has different scenery).

#43 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Well that means something too. Now I don't get why it got scrapped. It was looking a lot better in my view.

#44 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

See that deserty island? San Juan got replaced there, when they made the surrouding area in San Juan into a deserty rocky place.

Sorry for the hud mess up, at world bug report forum no one gave me help:
Posted Image

#45 UNIQUE

UNIQUE

Godlike

• The Watcher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,408 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 22m 38s
  • Crew:StrongForce Racers
  • World Handle:WGUNIQUE
  • World Server:n/a

Stickers image

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

See that deserty island? San Juan got replaced there, when they made the surrouding area in San Juan into a deserty rocky place.

Posted Image

did u try alt Z to take off the hud?

#46 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Nah, but also, car vinyls are messed up too. Makes game lag :(

#47 rcgldr

rcgldr

One of the Elite

• VIP
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

In Carbon, that island and other islands out in the water have lights on them. I think they are just scenery and not meant to represent any actual location in the game.

#48 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Well I fogot to say its pretty unsure. But this is the most beliveable roumor about San Juan's location.

#49 gRiM

gRiM

CrAzY RoMaNiAn

• VIP
  • 7,350 posts
    • Time Online: 46d 2h 23m 12s
  • LocationFort Union, City Core, Bayview
  • Autolog:gRiMBMW
  • Origin:gRiMBMW
  • Steam:gRiMBMW
  • Xbox Live:Nah
  • PSN:Wish I had one
  • Crew:(SF) StrongForce Racers
  • World Handle:gRiMBMW

Stickers image

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

The airports will be used for a teleport between bayview and world map. It's been said.

Let's see if they'll do what they said, which I doubt :|

Posted Image

If you dare to click my sig, pick Bayview Nights or Weaponized Auto Racing. Or both.

I am the top user of riced and fake racecars in all of the racing RPGs on WG, and I'm the #1 NFS vehicle plagiarist. You are nothing to me but just another little gorilla

Part of life is learning from your mistakes, once you do that things will get better. I've been down this sort of road before with different people, the journey is never good but the reward at the end is worth it.

#50 Samantha♥

Samantha♥

The Candy Girl

• VIP
  • 4,831 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 24m 16s
  • LocationMéxico
  • Autolog:Samanth406
  • Origin:Samanth406
  • Crew:Racing Girls League

Stickers image

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Let's see if they'll do what they said, which I doubt :|

Probably they will but in two years or so.

Hi! I am Sam, how are you? visit my channel on Youtube!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Samanth406 It´s FREE

Posted Image

#51 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Probably they will but in two years or so.

They sould work on the maps instead of those premium cars. We get 5 new premium cars every month. Half of the cars are premium cars. Come on, this game will be full of Pay to Win noobs too?

#52 gRiM

gRiM

CrAzY RoMaNiAn

• VIP
  • 7,350 posts
    • Time Online: 46d 2h 23m 12s
  • LocationFort Union, City Core, Bayview
  • Autolog:gRiMBMW
  • Origin:gRiMBMW
  • Steam:gRiMBMW
  • Xbox Live:Nah
  • PSN:Wish I had one
  • Crew:(SF) StrongForce Racers
  • World Handle:gRiMBMW

Stickers image

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

They sould work on the maps instead of those premium cars.

Thank you, captain obvious!

We get 5 new premium cars every month. Half of the cars are premium cars. Come on, this game will be full of Pay to Win noobs too?

You don't say?

In all seriousness, you need to know that this is a normal reaction of a player who is part of World since 5 March 2010 to such texts. If I were to be paid for all things like this I've readed about World, Bill Gates would be poor compared to me :XD:

Posted Image

If you dare to click my sig, pick Bayview Nights or Weaponized Auto Racing. Or both.

I am the top user of riced and fake racecars in all of the racing RPGs on WG, and I'm the #1 NFS vehicle plagiarist. You are nothing to me but just another little gorilla

Part of life is learning from your mistakes, once you do that things will get better. I've been down this sort of road before with different people, the journey is never good but the reward at the end is worth it.

#53 UNIQUE

UNIQUE

Godlike

• The Watcher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,408 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 22m 38s
  • Crew:StrongForce Racers
  • World Handle:WGUNIQUE
  • World Server:n/a

Stickers image

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

Thank you, captain obvious!

You don't say?

In all seriousness, you need to know that this is a normal reaction of a player who is part of World since 5 March 2010 to such texts. If I were to be paid for all things like this I've readed about World, Bill Gates would be poor compared to me :XD:

Grim be nice.

#54 PorscheSpyder

PorscheSpyder

Aperture Test Associate

• VIP
  • 1,099 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 10m 23s
  • LocationColorado, USA
  • Steam:WGPorscheSpyder
  • World Handle:PorscheSpyder

Stickers image

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

Posted Image

I must say, that bridge in the pic intrigues me. I don't recall ever seeing it before....

Anyhow, my biggest question is, why use teleporters? Supposing that Bayview is as close to the World map as your theory map suggests, why not make a nice long highway, either around the bay, or across it? That would be splendid for high-speed, T4 cars, not to mention Drag Races, if they should ever come.

As for canyon talk, I really don't have much opinion of them atm, having never played any NFS title between Hot Pursuit II and Shift 1. But I DO remember from an Ask Marc waaaaay back, that the Canyons to be added to World were long. If I remember rightly, he said it took approx. 15 minutes to get across them in a T1 car. :shrug: idk I just am eager to get some new maps. New cars are nice, but enough already.

'Course I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I remember a time when we got almost no new cars for about 1 year. :|

Uncompromised.

Posted Image

YouTube

#55 rcgldr

rcgldr

One of the Elite

• VIP
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

I must say, that bridge in the pic intrigues me. I don't recall ever seeing it before....

That's a pier (it just stops at the far end, doesn't connect to anything), and it's there in Carbon. Most Wanted also has some piers.

Why use teleporters?

Some EA moderators stated there was an issue with running out of room on the current map due to a limitation in the coordinates used to locate objects on the map, so if a large area couldn't be added, a spot could be added to teleport to a separate map. The game already uses teleport when players join an event or go to the garage, so this would be an extension of the teleport feature to go to a new map.

Course I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I remember a time when we got almost no new cars for about 1 year.

A lot of players have been waiting for new areas to be added to the current map, such as those final two connector roads. No new areas have been added to the map since November, 2010 (other than holiday theme stuff like snow at the golf course).

#56 B♥M

B♥M
  • LocationSummer Paradise
  • Autolog:Bred182

Stickers image

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

AssianGuy

The Beta Map in the Demo was meant to be the actual City in NFS Carbon, but it got dropped.You can see Silverton,Fortuna and Kempton in that map, just like the Lookout Point track and San Juan and other unknown roads.

When you drive thru San Juan, you can Downtown Palmont,Kempton,Silverton and Fortuna, and other city lights, same when you drive in the canyons you can see the cities as well, these aren't mysterious at all.

San Juan is meant to be between all those districts.

Yeah, I don't think Bayview is East of Rockport, it's totally on the West Coast just like Palmont.

Just because you can see a shore east of Rockport City, doesn't mean it's Bayview...The Ghost City you see from Bayview's Jackson Heights is the City Core of Bayview...

About the Video, you can see the hills and rocks of the valley. (Note, the video is dark)

The deal with the canyons, why did you use the map from NFS World? The real distance between Rockport and Palmont would be hundreds of miles, but in NFS World they connected bot cities, and the East Canyon got dropped, just a mountain line cuts the cities now.

There's some other stuff you wrote which is unrealistic...

#57 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Look, all these stuff i write are THEORIES, ROUMORS , TOUGHTS. If you disagree, its okay! Just try to not be a smart guy or something, im not stupid i play nfs since nfs II ;)

#58 B♥M

B♥M
  • LocationSummer Paradise
  • Autolog:Bred182

Stickers image

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

I just stated that those rumors,theories and thoughts are sketchy.Didn't want to insult you, like, with that.

But, if you want to figure out the mysteries, you can't do it in NFS World, because the Devs changed most things, and locations for areas can be different (closer to each other, new roads, different roads, missing areas/obstacles/mountains/...)

You won't see Rockport City and Bayview in NFS Carbon, you won't see Bayview in NFS Most Wanted and you won't see Rockport in Bayview.

San Juan is the first district you enter when driving down the Lookout Point canyon pass, Silverton,Fortuna,Kempton and Downtown Palmont are around San Juan. (You can use Copter mover to see the other districts around San Juan)

In that case, the position of San Juan that the star is pointing on the map (final map), is correct looking at the find above.

About the Ghost City you see in Bayview from the Jackson Heights, I did photos of it long time ago and it's the city core of bayview.It either includes the secret drag track (Bayview Bridge) or it's used for the "background" when you race on the test track (URL Course)

It can be unused tho

Bayview is on the West Coast of the US, it's based on LA and probably other cities, the coastline also states it to be on the west.

PS: I have every single NFS (TNFS - NFS Hot Pursuit [2010]), I don't have the NFS V-Rally Series,Nitro,Shift-Series and The Run. :D

#59 rcgldr

rcgldr

One of the Elite

• VIP
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

Bayview ...

The reason for placing Bayview east of Point Camden is mostly because looking south from Jackson Heights in Underground 2, you can see an unreachable area west of Coal Harbor across the bay. It would make sense to place Bayview in NFS World so that unreachable area corresponded Point Camden. The other issue is that the airport in Underground 2 is on the far east of its map.

Posted Image

Posted Image

San Juan is the first district you enter when driving down the Lookout Point canyon pass

Actually after the chase and crash at Lookout Point canyon, Nikki drives the player to an unknown spot on the map to choose a car. Link to video:

http://rcgldr.net/nfsc/ncchoosecar.wmv

When choosing a car, the player can optionally do a test race versus AI cars, which uses the San Juan pursuit knockout track. Next the player does a wingman training session using San Juan's Salazar street. Then the player and Neville end up on Hwy 142, on the bridge just west of Silverton.

There's no explanation for how the player gets to these points or why Lookout Point is the road to enter the Palmont area in the first scene of career mdoe.

You can use Copter mover to see the other districts around San Juan.

Where can we get a copy of this copter mover? It would be a lot easier than using the out of bounds glitch in Carbon.

Edited by rcgldr, 22 March 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#60 AssainGuy

AssainGuy

Making their Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

@rcgldr
Thanks for providing screenshots! ;D

At the first picture its the CityCore and Coar Harbor I guess. We can see mountains to the south, and to the west (according to game map). As my geo map, It seems to FIT PERFECTLY. The problem is that it's a bit far from the other areas, and it's out of bounds in nfs world map (tested). So teleporters might be the answer to get there i dunno.

At the second picture, that's Camden. That was the point I was talking about, and belive me B<3M, it's not the City Core ;). But another mystery while talking about Bayview. Where is the bridge in the FIRST drag race? I've never seen that place. It leads to someplace where are LOTS of flats like in Underground. Maybe it leads there? No I guess but that's another tought. Also, I dont remember the park's name in Bayview, but I saw a random bridge there. At the southern road of the park.

Posted Image
I'm not sure if it's just a random road or a train track, but you should look for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users